New updates regarding the transition to a blended schedule in February 2021
January 21, 2021
Dear Kale`iopu`u Parents and Guardians,
I hope you and your family had a safe and restful winter break especially during these restrictive and uncertain times. As we shared prior to the break, based on the current community health status, we plan to begin transitioning to our blended schedule in February. Our faculty and staff have been working hard to prepare for this transition and are very eager to see our wonderful students back in class.
A reminder that Kalei’opu’u Elementary School will continue to focus on the health and safety of everyone, especially during COVID-19. We will follow the Hawaii Department of Education guidelines. As a result:
• Social and physical distancing will be implemented in all classrooms and in all common areas.
• Students and adults will be responsible for bringing, maintaining, and properly wearing a mask daily. Bandanas are not allowed.
• No Parents or Visitors are allowed within the campus grounds. Please use the fire lanes only. A map is provided.
Link to COVID SAFETY CAMPUS MAP & Video: Student Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
• Hand sanitizers will be available in all classrooms and all meeting areas. Students are also encouraged to bring hand sanitizers and/or wipes containing at least 60% alcohol for personal use.
• Please conduct a wellness check of your child(ren) prior to coming to campus. If a student is: feverish, coughing/sneezing, has a sore throat, has shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, headache/stomach ache/nausea, muscle pain/unusual fatigue, or new loss of taste or smell, they should stay home and contact their doctor.
Link to DAILY WELLNESS CHECKLIST & Video: New Safety Measures
• Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles or water flasks to address sanitation and hydration.
• Parents must update all emergency contact information on emergency cards.
We will follow a schedule that allows return to campus by grade levels to ensure our procedures and safety measures are efficient and effective. When your child(ren)’s grade level returns, the Blue (A)/Silver (B) scheduled days begin.
Monday 2/1: Blue groups for Kinder, Grade 5, and Grade 6
Tuesday 2/2: Silver groups for Kinder, Grade 5 and Grade 6
Tuesday 2/9: Sliver groups for Grade 1 and Grade 2
Thursday 2/11: Blue groups for Grade 1 and Grade 2
Tuesday 2/16: Silver groups for Grade 3 and Grade 4
Thursday 2/18: Blue groups for Grade 3 and Grade 4
Link to FEBRUARY CALENDAR & Video: Return to Learn Calendar
Please see the information attached to see a calendar of start dates for each grade level and for procedural guidance since there have been many changes due to the pandemic. Your teacher will communicate more details specific to your child’s grade level in the coming days.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding. Our staff is committed to providing the best for our students given our uncertain circumstance. We are excited to see everyone very soon!
Take care and stay safe.