*New* Parent/Guardian Instructions - Infinite Campus Online Registration


Online registration: For instructions on enrolling your child online please click here. Once submitted, please contact us to complete the registration process. Additional health forms such as TB clearance and student health records will be required.


Listed below are all the requirements needed to register your child.

All students new to Kalei'opu'u Elementary School that are transferring from out-of-state or a private school and have never attended a school within the State of Hawaii, DOE system must bring ALL of the following documents listed in 1-6 at the time of registration.

** Students transferring from a school within the State of Hawaii, DOE system must bring in documents listed in 2 & 6 at the time of registration.

       1. Original birth certificate from the department of health or a passport (a copy will be made).

       2. Proof of residency – consisting of either a Mortgage statement/document, Rental/Lease Agreement or Property Tax Bill and ONE current               utility bill. (HECO, BWS, Spectrum, HawaiianTel)

        * If your family resides with friends/relatives, provide all items in #2 along with
a notarized letter from the homeowner stating that you 
           and your family reside with them. 

          * For those students who live with someone other than their parents a legal document verifying guardianship must be provided. i.e.,
          Family Court documents.

       3. Mantoux TB clearance – State of Hawaii approved negative TB test, (taken within one year of starting date.)

       4. Physical examination (taken within one year of starting date), or an appointment card reflecting a scheduled appointment within two
           weeks of starting date.

       5. Form 14 - Student Health Record (Form 14 are available from your physician or school office) The Form 14 is to be completed by a

           physician and is to include a current physical examination and all required immunizations.

       6. Release packet from prior school to include current report card.

           Registration Form Drop off Dates:         Monday - Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm excluding holidays.

To view the Department of Education's website on Registration, visit the following link:




Physical Examination and Immunization


Act 51-74 requires that students entering public school for the first time in the state of Hawaii complete the following before admission to school:

TB skin test (PPD or Mantoux) or chest x-ray that was completed within 1 year prior to school entry. The certificate must include the dates of administration and reading of the Mantoux skin test (PPD). The transverse diameter must be recorded in millimeters. The signature or stamp of a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN, PA, or clinic is required.


Physical examination that was completed within 1 year prior to school entry. The exam must be completed by a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN, or PA.


Complete immunization that includes Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (DTaP). Five doses are required but four will be accepted if the fourth dose was given on or after the 4th birthday. Four doses of Polio (IPV or OPV) are required but three will be accepted if the third is given on or after the 4th birthday and the shots must be of one series (IPV or OPV). Two doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) are required. Two doses of Varicella (chicken pox) are required if the first dose was administered on or after the 13th birthday. A signed documented history of a diagnosis of varicella by a practitioner or a signed report by a practitioner (a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN, PA, or clinic) may be substituted for the varicella vaccine requirements.


Provisional enrollment: If any of the health requirements (except for TB skin test) is not completed, a doctor's appointment slip must be provided proving that the student is in the process of completing the health requirements. The student will not be allowed to attend school without the appointment slip.


All of these health requirements should be submitted on the Department of Education Student's Health Record. Form 14 link - The form is also available at all doctors' offices and clinics in Hawaii.


To view the Department of Education's website on Health Requirements, visit the following link:

Geographic Exceptions


Students residing outside the Kalei'opu'u school district who wish to attend Kalei'opu'u for a good cause may file a request for a geographic exception. To obtain a geographic exception, a parent must contact the administrator of the school in which they wish to enroll their child. After reviewing all geographic exception requests submitted between January 1 and March 1, the administrator will notify the applicant as to whether his/her request has been accepted or denied.


DOE Regulations on Geographic Exceptions:

Chapter 13. Relating to Geographic Exception for School Attendance:

8-13-1 Philosophy Under Hawaii's laws, all persons of school age are required to attend the school of the district in which they reside. However, permission to attend another school may be granted by the department as provided in this chapter, with the welfare of the student as a major consideration. When a student is granted a geographic exception, the student shall belong to the receiving school and shall enjoy all rights and privileges as are enjoyed by other students at the receiving school except as provided by this chapter.


8-13-2 Definitions As used in this chapter, "Applicant" means the parents, legal guardian, or other legal custodian authorized to represent the student or an eighteen-year-old student who wishes to apply for a geographic exception. "Geographic exception" means permission to attend a school other than the student's home school as determined by the student's legal residence. "Home school" means the school within the geographic area, which the student shall attend according to the student's legal residence. "Home school district" means the school district in which the student resides. However, the department shall presume that the student resides with the parent or legal guardian. In the event that the student's parents do not reside together in the same school district, the department may presume that the student resides in the school district in which either parent resides. A student wishing to rebut the presumption has the burden of proving the student's residence.


To view the Department of Education's website on Geographic Exceptions, visit the following link:


- HIDOE Online Registration Parent Instructions.pdf
- Registration information.pdf

1.  Drop off the completed registration forms ONLY in the dropbox in front of the Dining Room.

2.  We will contact you after your registration forms have been reviewed to set-up an appointment for you to bring in the required documents listed above.

Please be sure to complete and sign all forms as required